Tuesday, January 25, 2011

madama butterfly

I felt the animation was very well done and very strong
It showed a how a woman's life was taken away, first her boyfriend leaves and then he comes back married and takes away her child.
It was really sad. It put me in an awkward position because through the facial expressions and the music, i felt the power and emotion the woman was feeling
at the end when she destroys herself . she completely gives up. and has nothing to live for anymore. very sad.

I didn't understand the concept of fish turning into human. I thought it was interesting and well thought out but I think I missed the meaning behind that. It was interesting to see the role switch when the mother was in the air held down by the child- whereas before the mother was holding the child

it shows what longing and waiting for someone to come back can do.
very interesting
i liked how the boyfriend in the beginning gave the music player to the wife as a sign of 'i'll come back'
but when he does come back, he doesn't take it back with him.
interesting.

I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment