Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Xerox project \ phase 1


For this project I decided to use the one thing in school that is most important to me right now. I absolutely love this longboard, I call it Sheila. I wanted to take a Marcel Duchamp approach and cover and object to leave the viewer wondering what is under it. It appears to be a longboard, but what if it is not? Anyway I wrapped the board with seran wrap first, and decided my approach to covering the wheels. I decided against wrapping the wheels because red is my favorite color, and I wanted that to show through. I printed out scanned photos of my face. I wanted my photos to make it appear as if I was trapped inside my longboard. I covered the center photo with seran wrap and did not paste photos over that area for this effect. I then, cut and pasted photos to cover the rest of the board. If you look carefully you will notice that the hands and some other parts intertwine over each other. I added subtle red, blue, and yellow coloring over the top of my photos to add a splatter effect.
My plan for this project is to take photos of it day by day after using it. I will document how the board unfolds back to its original state.
Overall I really enjoyed this project and I had a fun time making and coming up with the idea.
So far this is phase 1 of my board 


1 comment:

  1. that was really cool. i know you love that longboard so the fact that you covered it with you, its like you and the longboard are always attached...just like it is normally

    ReplyDelete