Friday, May 6, 2011

lavalamp mascot

For my illustration final we were assigned to create a mascot. at first I wanted to do a dinosaur but I couldn't get it to how I wanted. I was thinking back to last semester in SIM class and remembered learning about lavaliere microphones. They are the type you clip onto your shirt and take with you during presentations. But I never could remember what it was called. I was starring at my lava lamp back at home one day and realized i could use a lava lamp as some sort of connection with the microphone. I drew it up and added a lizard - I planned for the lizard because they are small, agile and can attach themselves to anything. The microphone will have this logo on it in the form of a sticker on the black clip that goes onto a shirt. 
this project was drawn, painted, scanned, and completed in illustrator using a vector and gradient mesh technique

No comments:

Post a Comment