Friday, May 6, 2011

Video Art

FINAL!
I made all of these paintings and used my friends iPad for the effects. I took a smart phone with a high quality video camera and video taped the iPad. I created a ghetto tripod to set the smart phone ontop of- a good distance away to get all of the video channels in frame. I then pressed record and took one of my paintings and moved it around behind the ipad to create the moving effect. I made about 20 short videos and uploaded them to final cut. I spent over 48 hours editing this film to how I wanted it. The music is abstract sound effects found on the cass lab computers. I really enjoy the music I added to this- it gives the video a creepy effect and although it is simple, it is my creation and something i am proud of
this is my favorite project I have made thus far and I really hope that it goes well in class :)

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! Your choice of artwork to display was good. It all went well together and the editing worked very well. The audio choice was perfect. A lot of people would have used something mellow and kind of like a drug induced haze kind of music, but this was a contrast to what would be expected and because of that it added something special to the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good job. very abstract. i can tell you put in a lot of work. especially not know how to use final cut pro so adding the music and everything was cool

    ReplyDelete